Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back on the Blog!

Congratulations to me!  After much struggling with the funky Turkish internet in this house, the Turkish comuputer keyboard and other issues, I am finally connected to gmail with this blog!  If you read, please comment.  (It's a lot more fun that way.)

My little son and I are in Istanbul until late tomorrow night, then we will fly to Sivas.  It is very hot and humid in Istanbul, but Sivas is in the mountains where the air is clear and dry and the nights are cool enough to need jeans and a hoodie.  As the locals say, it's good sleeping weather there.  The only drawback of Sivas is the multitude of mountaintops interferes with cell phone signals and internet.  I cannot use wireless there, and I am not here long enough this trip to recharge my Turkcell Vinn, a portable wireless connection.  It's a little pricey for only 9 days' use in Istanbul.

Back later...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

got this fine, J M. enjoying reading it. barbara