Sunday, February 18, 2007

P.S.

As a post script to my previous entry, in light of Erma Bombeck's thinking, and generally being more appreciative, I would like to say that:

1. This cold weather makes me really enjoy a good hot shower. Of all the things modern society has given us, clean, hot, running water is a particularly wonderful advance for me.

2. I've recently learned that sleep burns more calories than reading or watching t.v., has multiple physical and mental health benefits, and that most women don't get enough of it. To that end, I will gratefully hibernate more this February.

3. I've also learned that skin exfoliants, such as scrubs, are particularly beneficial in this cold weather. So, this morning I treated my face and feet (and thereby, my hands, also) to a nourishing scrub (in the hot shower, of course.) I feel deliciously warm and free of the top layer of dead skin cells now, thank you very much. It's supposed to make me prettier, too. Hmmm...

4. This cold weather has made me really appreciate my one online course, and that I only have to drive to Stony Brook Univ. 2 nights a week, instead of 5, like last semester.

Ok. Now I feel properly appreciative, instead of whining. Thank you.

2 comments:

Luna said...

There you go, Jean-Marie, finding stuff to appreciate is a good idea to save us from the winter doldrums.

It is fat weather-no question, though I think a lot of it is in our heads, the stagnancy makes you feel like we've gained 10 lbs. but I bet if you checked, you didn't....

j-m said...

no. not 10. just 3. (sigh)