Thursday, December 13, 2007

Done With Grad School!

Yippee! Yay! (You may now envision me singing and dancing.) Last night I had my very last grad. school seminar class at Stony Brook, to finish this degree for certification to teach ESL. I feel like a tremendous weight has been taken off my shoulders. There is still a ton and a half of paperwork to do, things to process, official errands to run, blah blah blah, but one really big item has been crossed off The List.

Graduation is Sunday. It's probably strange, but that ceremony and all the pomp and circumstance does not mean nearly as much to me as the little get-together I had with my friends and co-survivors last night, AND that little piece of paper that's coming really soon saying that I am certified! (no...not certifiable...)

this is me heaving a great big sigh of relief...

8 comments:

Natasha Beccaria said...

CONGRATS!!!!

What a milestone.

Anonymous said...

- YYEEAA - YYIIPPII - I am so proud of you - Such an accomplishment and to think you did it will all you have had to deal with over the years. You are truly amazing - and someone that women of all ages can look up to.
Love ya

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment!! What's next for the winter?

j-m said...

Thanks everybody.
So...next...well,I am still interviewing and sending out resumes, and jumping thru Stony Brook/ NY State hoops. Prob. won't be a real position open until for Sept. Didn't get the leave replacement, but that's ok. Money stunk. My friend got it.
So, now...I snuggle with Little Sir and reacquaint myself with the rest of family and friends who think I've dropped off the planet. I will clean and organize my house & stuff, deal with everything that's been "on hold". And, I will get back into my pre-college exercise life, and whip this body back into shape. I might've gained a certification, but I also gained too much weight! I will not buy a new professional wardrobe in bigger sizes!
Actually, I am thinking about cross country skiing, which I've always wanted to try.
Any advice???

j-m said...

And, of course, I'm still student teaching through Dec. 21st, and still teaching music privately.

Nan Patience said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your well-deserved breather and your many joys and blessings.

j-m said...

Thanks! I intend to!

Mom of 3 said...

Congratulations! That is a wonderul accomplishment. Enjoy some well deserved down time, and I look forward to getting to know you in the coming year.