Saturday, December 29, 2007

Memories of Christmas 2007

- Little Sir insisting that his stocking was a slipper, wearing it, and wanting the mate

- Yummy delicious fish feast with fresh marinara and filletto di pomodoro


- An amazing puzzle book from DD for Little Sir on the continents...very cool!


- Nothing burned, ruined or forgotten at dinner. (But I did find out that my dad doesn't like calamari...oops. I never knew!)

- No arguments.

- Time to laugh.

- Time to talk.

- No. One Son's gift to Little Sir of Prince Valiant on DVD. Also, very cool!

- 3 gift certificates from students of mine to Starbucks. (Hmmm...now, I have to think of exactly how to order...soooo complicated.)

- DH surprising me with a gift, after we'd agreed to go shopping together after Christmas for each other's gifts.

- Quiet time to read...books of my own choosing, not homework!!!

Now, if only I didn't always have to pay for the good times. Little Sir woke up around 2 a.m. Christmas morning with a rip-roaring fever. Croup turned into an asthmatic episode, nebulizer and all that. Then went into a stomache virus. Night after night of high fevers. Cranky, cry-y, whiny boy, alternately very snuggly cuddly, "I love you"-y.

No more sickness! I declare 2008 the Year of Health!

2 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

What a great list! That sounds like a fabulous thing to do after Christmas, make a positive list of every great memory.

Was Christmas Day ruined or did the sickness start early the next morning? My daughter gets croup a lot and my son has asthma, so we frequently have the nebulizer machine out, what a lifesaver. The doctor keeps insisting that you only get croup once, but she gets it several times a season, and you can't mistake that seal-like cough and gasps for breathe for anything else. Not fun. I feel for you, is it over now?

j-m said...

I have never heard that you can only get croup once, and all 3 of my kids have had it MANY many times! Doctors study a lot, but moms KNOW from experience. At least it doesn't scare me like it used to.


Little Sir's ok, but DD, DH and I are still functioning daily only w/ OTC remedies. Lots of bed rest.