Monday, October 13, 2008

Ahhh - Choo!

I have been sneezing and sniffling and itchy-eyed for days. I thought I was sick with an early cold, but then bumped into a few people (and, quite literally "bumped" into them...my head is in such a fog I can't think straight) who are complaining about their allergies. And since the roof of my mouth and my eyes are so itchy, it must be allergies. But I don't usually get allergies now. What's up with this?

And I apologize to everyone to whom I have been excessively cranky (particularly those closest to me), and I'd like to say that I'm as disappointed as everyone else that our lovely plans got ruined (by more than just the allergies.) And I would like to apologize to the poor drivers stuck behind me for the past few days. I keep forgetting where I'm going, and practically veer off the road when in the middle of a sneezing fit.

I would like to thank Kleenex for their generous support, and would like to tell all the pharmaceutical companies that they really need to get their collective act together and make a product that will remove the effects of allergies without making one into a zombie.

And I would like to know why I left my wallet home when I went out to the store on an errand that absolutely had to be run and which I absolutely did not want to go on. I knew, when I took my wallet out of my purse, to check my library card for the phone number of the library, that it was a stupid thing to do, and that I would end up forgetting my wallet, which I NEVER do, and leave it on the computer desk...which is exactly what I did. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot of said errand-destination, I realized the wallet was home. And realized, forthwith, that my pockets were empty, there was no hidden change in the little pockets of my purse, and the cupholder was empty as well. With a deep sigh of frustration (for now I had no time to re-run the errand, which I had barely time to complete as it was), I headed back home. And, as soon as I pulled into the driveway, I realized that I had a bank envelope in my purse containing $30 cash, which would have been plenty of money for the errand-running.

Sigh.

Just thought I'd share.

Sniff.

1 comment:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

I feel for you. I am having many of those days myself. Although I am not sneezing.