Friday, April 27, 2007

"The Beauty and Magic of the North Fork"

I am working on a thematic unit on Long Island (I have to submit a series of lesson plans for ESL students, of different proficiency and grade levels, across the content areas, all with one theme) and always like to incorporate technology in the form of internet resources, videos & DVDs, as well as field trips for lots of hands-on learning. I found a DVD called The Beauty and Magic of the North Fork, by Mike Malkush Productions in Cutchogue. Anyone know anything about this guy? I am thinking about contacting him to see if he has any other DVDs I could use in the classroom...maybe on other parts of Long Island.

Just looking for more ideas.

3 comments:

Natasha Beccaria said...

Jean - I dont know anything about that guy from Cutchgogue, but Farm Bureau has a few videos you may be interested in. One is a 15 minute educational video for grade school on farming.

The other two are about the history and agricultural "way of life" on Long Island. Both great pieces - age level is from 7th grade and up.

I can also get you some other resources if you are interested.

if you go to www.lifb.com - you will find my contact info there.

j-m said...

Oooh...thank you. Right now, I'm buried in another research project, due Wed. As soon as I'm done with that, I'll get back to the L.I. unit, due next Tues.

j-m said...

See, ya never know what helpful contacts you might make here in Blogworld!