Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Observations

Oh, help! I have my first official ESL observation Friday morning. I wish I could've chosen which class to be observed, but I couldn't. The beginner group, which often greets my prompts and questions with blank stares, is the one. I am stressing, I am stressing. Must have the perfect lesson plan to submit. Must include the ELA and content area standards appropriate for their grade level. Must satisfy INTASC, be culturally sensitive, be cognizant of linguistic backgrounds and incorporate appropriate second language acquisition tools. Must display proper classroom management skills. In short, I must teach in such a way as to get the best academic response and production from these kids.

Can we sing? (to the tune of "Frere Jacques"):
I am nervous (I am nervous)
Yes, I am (Yes, I am)
So much to remember
There's so much at stake here
I hate being watched
I hate being judged


sigh

2 comments:

Nan Patience said...

If anyone can do it, you can.

j-m said...

thank you.