Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Quote of the Day

Just read Msn's "75 Skills Every Man Should Master." (I know, I know...I am not a man...but I had a tiny bit of downtime at work, and it was on the cover page , and I was a little bored, and curious, sooo...) Mostly, I agreed with things on the list...and many things woman should master as well. I just happened to like this, so here's the quote:


Describe a glass of wine in one sentence without using the terms nutty, fruity, oaky, finish, or kick.
I once stood in a wine store in West Hollywood where the owner described a pinot noir he favored as "a night walk through a wet garden." I bought it. I went to my hotel and drank it by myself, looking at the flickering city with my feet on the windowsill. I don't know which was more right, the wine or the vision that he placed in my head. Point is, it was right.

4 comments:

Damon Peter Rallis said...

THAT is great!

:)

j-m said...

yeah...I thought so, too.

Mom of 3 said...

Wonderful thought, the whole thing. I am so jealous I can't see straight! Thanks for the vision.

j-m said...

momof3...jealous of being all alone in a hotel room, with nothing better to do than relax with your feet up, looking out a window? I can't imagine that. :)

(What is it like to be alone, anyway? I can't remember.)

Ah, for a moment of solitude...
not to be confused with loneliness.