Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Concerts In June

I just read the upcoming events at Stony Brook for the beginning of the summer season. The Emerson String Quartet is sponsoring an intensive week-long program for 3 winning string quartets, which includes full tuition, room and board, travel expenses. The intensive study includes some events open to the public, and "culminates in a pair of free public concerts in which the young performers will have a chance to show what they've learned." (according to the SBU blurb.)

This is a great opportunity to bring the kids (or just go alone!) to see and hear some amazing music, and perhaps broaden their horizons a bit. Some of my students have been so inspired after these performances, to take up a new instrument (particularly cello, for some reason.)

Friday, June 6, Stony Brook

8:00 pm PUBLIC CONCERT, Staller Center Recital Hall



ESQ logo


Saturday, June 7, Southampton
4:00 pm PUBLIC CONCERT
Duke Lecture Hall
Southampton





I'm planning on taking Little Sir on Saturday, perhaps after a picnic lunch at Agawam Park. You should come! (It's free!)

2 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Sounds nice! It will be a beautiful day too with the 80 degree weather. Enjoy!

I haven't seen you around my blog in a while, I hope you'll visit soon, I miss your comments :-)

Natasha Beccaria said...

Sounds great, but I'll be on my honeymoon this weekend.