Saturday, October 20, 2007

White Tornado

Does anybody remember the White Tornado? Not sure, but I think it was an old Ajax commercial from when I was a kid..you'd open the bottle, a white tornado would come out, swoosh around your house, and leave everything sparkling clean in its wake.

When my older kids were little, I'd suddenly yell out "white tornado!", and we'd go scurrying around the house, picking up, vacuuming, dusting, etc. Usually this was when someone was about to drop by, with little warning.

Well, right about now, I'd really like the original kind. With my school/work schedule, and DH & I working opposite shifts, the house is in desperate need of a white tornado to swoop through. I saw a spider in the bedroom this afternoon, in the corner of the ceiling, so I dragged out the vacuum and went to work...did all the ceilings, corners, etc. in the house. Then, I saw how dusty it was behind the dresser, so DH & I started dragging everything out, shaking stuff outside, cleaning behind everything, etc. with the windows wide open. (It was one of those gorgeous sunny days.)

I feel so much better about my bedroom, now. And I'm outta time...the real life schedule is back, and the rest of the house is still waiting to be rescued.

Where is that white tornado, now that I really need it?

3 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Here is s website that you may find interesting: http://www.tvparty.com/vaultcom2.html

It is about the tv commercials from the 60-70's.

I always seem to see something that needs to be quickly cleaned up,like a little crumb, dust, web or something small, then that leads to moving furniture, rearranging it, getting rid of things I don't use, and 6 hours later I have cleaned just one room.

I went down to my basement the other day to quickly get something and when I came up I told my husband that we needed to throw everything out and start cleaning. We still have boxes from 4 years ago when we moved in. That led to a conversation about finishing the basement, and now we have a new unexpected project for the fall.

Luna said...

God, can you come here when you're done, JM? I've taken to naming the dust bunnies.

Zed is my favorite, and the largest...

j-m said...

I'm having fantasies about Mr. Clean. Remember him? The bald guy with the bright white t-shirt and white eyebrows...again, all ya had to do was open the bottle, let Mr. Clean out, and POOF! The house was sparkling clean.

Now, not only has Blegchhh been on an all-out assault on us, Little Sir is suddenly down for the count.
Off to the pediatrician.
It's gonna hafta be a white tornado or Mr. Clean, 'cause this mommy doesn't have a second to spare!