Saturday, August 23, 2008

Last Day Off

Well, I had planned to do lots of fun things with Little Sir before I had to report for duty, but his allergies kicked in something fierce, and he ended up a very sick little boy. After living with the nebulizer, followed by steroids to get the lungs under control, he's now on Singulair which is better than previous meds. We lost a week of play time, tho', and he hasn't been to karate all month.

But, Wednesday was my last day to play, and we took my dad up on his offer to take us to the Long Island Game Farm. He's been asking us to set a date all summer. Wednesday's weather was perfect, and we had such a good time. I haven't been to the game farm in years, and I was surprised at how much they have there, now. The tiger show was great, and Little Sir was thrilled at how close he could get to all the animals. (We'd gone Memorial Day to the Bronx Zoo, and so many of the animal habitats there, while great for the animals, allow them to hide really effectively, making it disappointing as you trek across that campus to see your favorites. "All the good animals are sleeping!" he said.)

Probably the most fun was being able to pet and feed so many animals. He wants to go back really soon! I'm going to see if we can book it as a field trip for his school (it's $8.95 pp, group rate...about half price.) I'd definitely go as a chaperone for that one!

If you haven't been there recently, you should go. It's so close, only the Manorville exit, it's a shame not to.

No comments: