Saturday, August 23, 2008

Highlights of Summer 2008

Here's my list of this summer's highlights:
1. Memorial Day at the Bronx Zoo with DH and Little Sir (seeing them ride the camel together was the best!)
2. Running on the beach in the evening with DD and Little Sir.
3. Little beach get-togethers with DD and Little Sir, sometimes with friends, in between work shifts for us ladies.
4. DH getting a promotion!
5. Getting free tickets to Splish Splash and going spur-of-the-moment with DD and Little Sir...his first time!
6. 4th of July fireworks on the River front (on the 5th of July!) with friends.
7. BBQ with my Stony Brook grad buddies and all of our kids...I actually made a bunch of new career-friends, who will be my professional contacts for many years to come.
8. My birthday celebrated by an amazing dinner (DD's treat!...she shocked me) at Edgewater Restaurant in Hampton Bays, with my dad and his girlfriend, DD, DH, Little Sir and me. (No. One Son was away in Chicago at a wedding.)
9. DH getting an incredible deal on a used car.
10. Finishing my first-ever job of teaching special ed ESL summer school. I made connections with some awesome kids, learned a lot about this kind of teaching, and about myself!
11. The Long Island Game Farm with my dad and his girlfriend and Little Sir. (His little face, as he got to pet and feed the deer, sheep and goats was priceless!)

One not-highlight, but a prayer of thanksgiving:
Number One Son walked away from a terrible car crash with only minor injuries. The Jeep is dead, but it's replaceable. He is not.



Now, it's your turn. What are your Highlights of Summer 2008? (No fair just reading and not commenting.)

6 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

jm, I like your list. I am not too fond of my summer to-do list this year because I feel like I didn't do much. I actually wrote an entire post last week, but didn't post it, still contemplating it.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with the family - good for you! :-)

j-m said...

Actually, I had been feeling like we'd been gypped, like all I did was work all summer, and with DH and I working opposite shifts, we hardly saw each other...or No. One Son. But, then, when I sat back and made the list, I was surprised at what I came up with! So, we were able to squeeze in a little fun, after all!

I had hoped to have a whole lot more beach time, but every time I had off, it was raining, or Little Sir was sick again, or, one day, the rip currents were just too scary, and the beach was too jellyfishy. I think it's been over a month since we got to the beach. And now, it's unseasonably cool, for August. And Little Sir is coughing again.

Natasha Beccaria said...

My Summer "did" list

1. Got married
2. Went on my honeymoon
3. Got pregnant
4. Spent about 4 weeks on the couch because i was just so darn tired
5. completely ignored my gardens
6. Watched my husband re-do the upstairs bathroom.
7. Finally got up enough energy to clean our room

And yes... all of this is in order! LOL

j-m said...

Ok, Natasha, you win! Great list. Probably will be your all-time best list.

Natasha Beccaria said...

I think it would have been even better if i said i was having twins! LOL.

MamaCole said...

Hi J-M. Great list.

I think you saw pics of my highlights. We had a really fun summer. Didn't hit Splish Splash, tho. Oh, and I also didn't get pregnant. Phew. :)