Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's The Little Things

Saturday afternoon was cold, but sunny and not windy, so Little Sir and I took advantage of the mildness. After playing whiffleball for awhile, we took his bike (me walking, him pedaling) down the road to visit the neighbor's horses. We brought a bag of windfall apples from a tree at DH's job...not particularly edible for people, unless you bake them to death in something, but a nice equine treat.

On the way home we had a nice chat. Little Sir decided he really wants a horse. I explained that horse ownership requires a lot of money. "So, can you give me lots of monies?" he asked sweetly.

"Well, I don't have lots of money, Love."

"Pleeease..."

"It's not a matter of 'please'...I just don't have it."

"So...how do you get lots of monies?"

"Ah. Everybody wants to know the answer to that question."

"So...what's the answer?"

"Well, first you have to get a job."

"Why do I have to get a job?"

"You work for someone, and they pay you for what you do."

"Oh." "What can I do?"

"Well, you need a job that pays very well. Maybe you could plan to be a doctor."

"Or a soccer player?"

"Yes, that would pay you a lot of money."

"Ok."

"Ok."

Problem solved.


4 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

cute :-)

My daughter used to ask when she was 3 or 4 why daddy went to work. And when I would explain it to her, she said she understood, but when she wanted something really expensive she would say, just send daddy to work more or maybe you can go too.

Nan Patience said...

Ah, yes, I encourage my kids to do well in school and plan to have a fun and rewarding career so they can afford to have everything they want, too.

Natasha Beccaria said...

Hey J-M I saw your little guy outside the other day when i drove by...loooks like you guys were working on the fence??

j-m said...

Yeah...those gale-force winds we had blew down several sections.