Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We have been enjoying the goings-on this 4th of July weekend, Little Sir and I. I didn't want to
travel all the way to Southampton or Southold for fireworks on the ACTUAL Independence Day,
but we did have a leisurely breakfast at Bagel Lovers on Main St., in Riverhead, followed by East Enders for coffee, where we met an old friend of mine, did a little shopping and general putzing
around, followed by a fun play day. Eventually we checked out one of the local free outside
concerts. Then, on July 5th (why did they do that???) we made the choice between the fireworks
on the riverfront and the ones at Riverhead Raceway. We shared a blanket under the cloud-
canopy (as opposed to the stars) with some old friends and their visiting relations, and ooh-ed
and ah-ed in all the appropriate places. (I personally think they should have collaborated and
had the river front fireworks after the free outdoor concert on the Arts Council grounds on the 4th, but I wasn't asked...) It would've been nice to have 2 nights of fireworks!

Today, the 6th, the last day of the weekend, Little Sir came teaching with me in the morning,
and then we dooziebotsed around...went to East Landing for a few hours, then Stotsky Park,
then to our favorite local farmstand for fresh corn and tomatoes for dinner, and home again.

So, happy Independence Day weekend. I hope you got to do some fun local things.

5 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I am recuperating from mine and staying kinda low-key today.

I love the color selection for your post, very festive!!

j-m said...

Thank you!

Natasha Beccaria said...

I spent my weekend in Florida with my mom. We had a nice time but it was really hot and we both got a little too much sun. I missed my honey the whole time LOL.

I also found out i cant get a massage until week 12 in my pregnancy... UGH. I needed one so bad.

How is the coffee house? I miss my old hangout. Want to get together one day for some chit chat? You have my email right?

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Oooh... let's all get together because that sounds great!

j-m said...

As soon as I figure out what my schedule really is...
sigh...
I took a school job this summer, wh. was supp. to be 2 days a week, and is turning into 4 and very demanding. Not at all what I had planned. It's cutting into my music lesson time! Trying to figure this all out, and juggle the babysitters as well.
I really want some down time...play time...ME time...
now that 4th of July weekend is over, my life seems to be, too.