Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Mod Squad

Since I go to the library once a week for my Sat. movie night dose, I'm always looking for a little variety. I like to see new movies with favorite actors, older movies with favorite actors, discovering new actors, sometimes foreign films, sometimes off-peak type films like Sundance festivals and such, some documentaries, even DVDs of seasons of old t.v. shows. (They have new ones out, too...I've seen a few of the latest ones that way so I'm not completely out of touch.) But every so often I find a real treat...an oldies t.v. show.

One of my favorites in elementary school was The Mod Squad. I thought Peggy Lipton was the coolest, hippest thing...and the guys were great, too. I wanted to be part of that team! Well, the library had the first season on DVD, so of course, I checked it out. I got to see the very first episode, which I don't think I ever did before...how the Mod Squad got to be.

Those of you who were fans...ya gotta check this out!

My next one to track down is the original Mission Impossible series. I think that was my absolute favorite in elementary school. I definitely wanted to grow up and be one of them!

No comments: