Monday, January 28, 2008

Band-Aids

"Take that, you Band-Aids!"

jibber jabber jibber jabber


galloping-around-the-house noises


"Pow, pow.....pow-pow-pow!
Look out! The Band-Aids are hiding behind the door!"

scurrying, rustling noises somewhere behind me

"Look out! Those Band-Aids are really bad!"


Ok...Suddenly these words start wafting through into my conscious mind, as I work on the computer on an important presentation. Bad Band-Aids? All I can remember having in the medicine cabinet are Elmo and Big-Bird bandages. What is he talking about?

"Pow. Pow. Pow-pow-pow!
Look out, Tonto! Here they come! Look out for those bad Band-Aids!"

I clear my throat. "Hey, Honey, come here a minute."

"Otay."

"What are you playing?"

"Dere's bad duys over dere."

"Bandits???"

"Band-Aids."

"Who are you right now?"

"I'm de Lone Ranger. Dis is my friend, Tonto. Say, 'Hi, Tonto!'"

"Hi, Tonto. Are you chasing bandits?"

"Ummm. I fink so."

"Ban-dits. Not Band-Aids."

"oh.
Come on, Tonto! Let's go!"

Galloping noises recede...

9 comments:

Damon Peter Rallis said...

LOL

THAT is cute.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

ditto on the cuteness. how old is he? my little one is 3 1/2 yrs old.

Natasha Beccaria said...

LOL!!!!!!!!

I remember one day i said "I love you" to Luke... and his reply was..

"same thing"....meaning.."me too" LOL

j-m said...

Yeah. He is cute. And he's 4. Wish he'd stay that way awhile longer.
sigh...

Natasha Beccaria said...

I remember meeting him at the coffee house...... and when you wrote this i could totally hear him saying it.

He is a very interesting character! Very talkative. Love it!

Anonymous said...

is he still going by his alias?

Luna said...

How adorable.

Know what I hate though. It really bothers me that "tanto" means stupid in Spanish...and that's what they named the guy in the Lone Ranger.

Like a subtle racism, ya know?

Sorry if it takes away from the cuteness, but I see a cause in everything...it's a terrible affliction.

I loved 2, and 3..4....4 was not so good here, and 5--YICK. 7...7 is cool....

j-m said...

Hi Janet! Yes, the alias continues. Little Sir keeps finding new characters named "Peter" that he really likes, and now introduces himself as such. Makes me wonder why we had those arguments about what to name the baby. Just give it a little time, and let them name themselves! Until they come up with one "Baby", "Honey", "Sweetheart" all work just fine.

Luna, each of my kids had a different "great" age...and "2" does not necessarily corner the market on "terrible"ness over here.
I'm likin' 4 right now, tho'.

j-m said...

And, I didn't know about the Spanish. I know it's a place in Arizona, right? Tonto Basin? That prob. has some Spanish derivation.

In Japanese, it's a martial arts sword.

Supposedly, according to the show, it meant "wild one" or something similar in his native language, which I forget what that was supposed to be. Not Cherokee or one of the more common ones we hear about.