Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Last Summer (of You & Me)

I am taking a short break from organizing our closet, while DH is out doing a side security job. He dragged out everything that was so tightly packed in there since we moved in in December, after we found a moldy leather belt. Stuff is strewn all over the bedroom in a manner to best take advantage of the day's sunshine and wind. Now, I have to sensibly put it all away, and get back to organizing my stuff. Tomorrow, or maybe later tonight when he gets home, we'll start packing suitcases. So many decisions to make when you're leaving for a month. One suitcase just for gifts and hand-me-downs. What to take, what goes together, what do I still have to buy? Don't want to take too much, don't want to get stuck without something I can't buy there...

sigh...

And so, I spent 20 minutes reading the beginning of Ann Brashares' The Last Summer (of You & Me), loaned to me yesterday by DD, for the trip. I didn't want to save it totally for the airplane, just in case I didn't like it. But I do. So, now I am forcing myself to stop reading it and putting it on the "carry-on" pile. So far, it gets a thumbs-up from me. I'll keep ya posted.

3 comments:

Nan Patience said...

will there be travel writing from J-M?

The book sounds like a good one. I just started a novel called How To Buy A Love of Reading by a new writer, and the writer seems smart and creative but a little young. Don't think I'll bother with much more of it.

Janet said...

I use the throw-a-way dehumidifier - they either hang or you can place them wherever you want. (I am researching a reusable one) It has saved me in our travel - especially east coast and louisiana. found them in home depot and walmart

have a great time!

j-m said...

Thanks! I forgot about those. We used to have them on the boat.

I plan to try to do a travel blog...depends on internet availability this time.