Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm Ho-ome!

Ahhh...Home. What a wonderful word. I had no idea how much I would miss certain things. A month can be a very long time.

I will fill in details of the end of the trip and tie up loose ends later. For now, I am happy to have my own keyboard!!! (actually, I'm having to get used to it again...I had adjusted to the Turkish one, and almost have to relearn how to type!)

I have a bag-full of mail to go through (I'd told DH not to throw anything, out, just in case...it is unbelievable how many credit card offers one family can receive!), the second 1/2 of the unpacking to do (did some right away,) students to schedule, and mostly, family and friends to catch up with.

But it is 3 a.m., and Little Sir and I can't sleep...body clock adjustment takes time. Unfortunately, the VCR in the living room decided to break just before we came home, so I have to find something to occupy him quietly.

Thanks for sharing my trip with me.

1 comment:

Nan Patience said...

Welcome home. Thanks for sharing your trip with US!

I know what you mean about returning home. There's hardly anything sweeter, no matter how good the trip was.

Re credit card offers, I know, and then the financial services companies act surprised and dismayed at how many people declare bankruptcy. It's a temptation each soul needs to resist like the Devil himself. My strategy is to tear them up immediately and pat myself on the back.