Sunday, June 24, 2007

Summer Begins

Early Friday a.m., after our power walk with the jog stroller, Little Sir and I headed to Indian Island to renew my Green Key. Their computer was not behaving, so it took a really long time...and I forgot...they take your picture. Oops...I look absolutely dazzling with my hair in a sweaty ponytail, sunglasses on top of my head, face a little too red, no mascara. But, the camera was set in such a way as to take in part of the office, so, unexpectedly, Little Sir is in the picture too, wandering around looking at the flyers in the background.

Friday evening was lovely. Due to hecticness on my students' lives' part, I was off, so Little Sir 4-Year-Old and I were lazing around the yard, enjoying the early summer coolness...then, I remembered the free summer concert series behind the East End Arts Council. So...we headed off.

There's a restaurant with a boardwalk that goes into that back parking lot, and they had a live band playing. As we were early, we hung out there a little (though not too long, as unfortunately, it's a bar and not good for Little Sir, and I felt silly hanging out in the parking lot below.) The band was really good. I don't know who they were, but I was enjoying them.

Long Island Sound Chorus (Sweet Adelines) began their concert on the green, on Riverhead Town's portable stage. The singing was beautiful, as they always are. Then, dark clouds started rolling in...with a rainbow spliced through it all! The wind picked up, then half the parking lot had pouring rain, and the other half was in bright sunshine! Very strange.

We packed it in early, went to the library for a new stack of books and flicks, and headed home.

Saturday, we have a graduation to attend, and then some quiet family Sunday plans. Nice start to summer.

No comments: