Saturday, July 07, 2007

Looking for a Tip from Those More Experienced

It is common knowledge that I am technologically challenged (hey, it even took awhile for me to get the hang of this blogging thing!) I am putting this out there, looking for help from those of you more gifted than I in this area. I am looking for information on a particular house in Riverhead that I believe to be at least 100 years old. I went to the library, and didn't get much, other than a lead on how to find out taxes and zoning. I Googled the address, "old homes", "Victorian houses", and other such in Riverhead, and have found nothing. Looking for whatever historic background I can get on the house, that I might not get from the current owner (seller).

4 comments:

Nan Patience said...

Dunno about the house history, but you're right about your not winning any prizes this year for Miss Technorati.

j-m said...

Yes. Thank you ever so.

Natasha Beccaria said...

Maybe try the Suffolk County Historical Society.

You could also try calling Hallockville Museum Farm. They have a lot of history about the area.

If the house in the Downtown area, try the Chamber. They have a booklet on some of the older houses in the area (which was done by Richard Wines - connected with Hallockville). Richard is a history buff.


Is it a house on your road?

j-m said...

Actually, found out it's only 1930, so maybe not old enough for the Hist. Soc. or Hall. Mus. It's in Riverhead, part of the extended "bus. district" in the new zoning which now goes into residential areas...can also be used for "professional" office space (dr., lawyer, etc...no retail.)